Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm almost organized!

YAY! I'm almost finished organizing!! I decided to hang my "Vintage Turkey" rug on the front of one of my old cabinets. This cabinet is ALMOST organized....there is the bottom shelf that just has gobs of papers and STUFF...I will work on that this week.

I've decided to put some of my rugs on the floor in this room....now that I can actually see the floor.
Trying to decide if I want to leave my sewing machine out and use up this corner space or if I'd rather store it somewhere and put some sort of nice comfy hooking chair in that spot...it's a great spot with the windows....lots of that great natural light.


This is my new work table! I'm so excited! I sewed the fabric panels to go around it and now I can store more items like my overhead projector underneath. I can also pull it away from the wall if I have more people over to hook. Getting the panels attached was a real bear. I ended up using velcro.....sewing it onto the panels was easy enough, but getting the other side to stick to metal was a different issue....lots of cursing involved on that end. Tried different glues to no avail.....ended up using duck tape to adhere the velcro to the metal.
I hope to hook some pads to go on this tall stool as well as the little chair.....not sure if I'll keep them, but at least with them out it will remind me to do something with them.



Go forth and be creative,
Tammy




1 comment:

  1. I am so very, very impressed with how your room has evolved. It looks great. Can't wait to see it in person.
    You have really been a hooking machine the last couple of weeks. Can't wait to see flower girl and the basket of flowers.
    Patti
    I might try to create a blog too.

    ReplyDelete