Thursday, February 11, 2010

Picking up the hook

It’s been a while since I picked up my hook……

I always have good intentions of hooking a bit every day, but it seems like other “stuff” manages to get in the way.  Sometimes I just feel like my mind is all over the place and I just can’t “settle” and get ANYTHING done.

Yesterday I actually left the house on my day off and went shopping…..it was fun….looking for things that might possibly make my husband smile when he unwraps them on his birthday.

I spend a lot of my days off staying completely at home.  No, I don’t have a phobia about leaving my house….I guess I just love my home and feel completely content to stay here when I have time off work.

That “no rush” feeling of getting up, sipping coffee while I read other folks blogs, leisurely having breakfast at say, 9am, instead of the usual grabbing coffee on the way out the door at 6:15 on a work day.   It’s just nice to be at home and let your day unfold.

Last night we were ordering in pizza, so that gave me time to sit and hook.  A lot of my time is taken on making decisions about colors.  With this rug it is also taking more time to think of different ways to embellish as well.

The greens and yellows I worked with last night make me happy.

Creating with a new technique makes me happy as well.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Tammy!
    Those colors are great! I am very intrigued by the new technique you've shown. Care to elaborate? It looks like little braids! How on earth could you do that? Love it! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking the three dimensional elements you are adding to your rug! Every time I swear I'm a primitive rug hooker, I find something else interesting to see! Beautiful colors!

    Naomi
    Ravens Gate Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rugs. Seeing them develop makes me want to try something "Big, Bright and Bold".
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color! We are the same in that I have absolutely no problem never leaving the house on my days off! I thoroughly enjoy just being home! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too!!! Love staying home on days off and letting the day "unfold" into whatever it needs too!

    Love your bright colors and use of a diffrent technique...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete