Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth

OMG! Rugs and wool and hookers…OH MY!
I think I took over 150 pictures from the Lenexa Hook-In yesterday…..I’m going to spread these out over the next week as I have time to post so I may post a few times a day.
I got to the hook-in around 9:15 and didn’t sit down until 12:30 to hook. I have no idea how many people showed up this year, but it was a LOT!  Waaay more than I had ever seen in attendance before. Old vendors, new vendors….if you left empty handed it wasn’t because there wasn’t a lot to choose from.
Okay, here goes…..I’m starting off with pictures from the rug show.  If you happen to know who designed or hooked the patterns please feel free to leave me a comment and I’ll go back and edit my blogging as you leave your comments.

I've added a new "e-mail me" over on my side bar if you can't get the comment section to work for you.

I also want to say a big THANK YOU to all of the people who stopped me to say hi and that they enjoyed reading my blog….really, that means the world to me!
I’m starting off with this rug….it makes me think of all of the hurriedness of all the hookers….going from booth to booth…trying to snatch up the “best stuff” before it was snatched up by some other lucky hooker!

(Pattern: “No Cause for Alarm” by Fritz Mitnick, available from Charco/House of Price, hooked by: Paulette Enerson of River Rock Wool)

(I have no information on this rug)

(Pattern: “Victory Ride”, Designer: Nola Heidbreder, hooked by: Andrea Alice?)

(Pattern: “Raven, Raven”, Designer: Skip To My Ewe, hooked by: Andrea Allen.)

(Pattern: "Potwin Place", designer: Judy Cripps at Rustic Rugs, hooked by: Terri Stauffer)

(I have no information on this rug)

( I have no information on this rug)

( I have no information on this rug….I think the design is from Polly Minick or Need’l Love)

(Pattern: "Tennis Anyone?", Designer: Emma Lou's Primitives, hooked by: Elinor Barrett)


( Pattern: "Brush Your Teeth", designer: Nola Heidbreder, hooked by: ?)

(I have no information on this rug)

( Pattern: "Montague and Friends", designer: Nola Heidbreder, hooked by:?)

(I have no information on this rug)

Detail shot

("Home with the Horses" - designed by Sally Kallin of Pine Island Primitives.)
I’m also going to try and show a few pics from some of the vendors over the next few days as well.
Vendor: Townsend Industries
Cutters, frames, dye books….excellent service!


Check back tomorrow for more!

10 comments:

  1. The piece you couldn't identify with the three houses is called Potwin Place and is designed by Judy Cripps. I believe the artist who made the piece was Terri Stauffer. http://www.judycripps.com/patterns3.htm
    It is so beautiful in person.
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so very much Tammy! I know the work it takes to take photos and document everything when you want to relax and enjoy the show! Bless your heart for doing this! You made my day here! Will be eagerly waiting the next post! Blessings! Cathy G

    ( you are getting excellent photos of the rugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to share all the photos,etc.

    I too will be watching eagerly for the future photos!

    Would have loved to have been there.

    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures make me want to start hooking. Maybe some day. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing photos of the rugs, so much talent.
    I saw your rug, love the wind blown look, really a wonderful piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy,

    Thanks for posting so many nice photos from the Lenexa show. I have some names of the hookers for some of the photos you've posted:
    Tennis Anyone? Hooked by Elinor Barrett, Columbia, MO
    Let A Sleeping Dog Lie. Hooked by Susan Meadows, Boonville, MO.
    Cat on a Mat. Hooked by Sarah Arrandale, Boonville, MO.

    See you at the Springfield hook-in!

    Elinor Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Cause for Alarm was hooked by Paulette Enerson of riverrockwools.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - the rug with the house and a horse on each side with two trees is called "Home with the Horses" - designed by Sally Kallin of Pine Island Primitives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the info on the rugs! When I get home from work I'll go back and fill in all of that information. It's nice to give credit where credit is due.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad I couldn't make the trip north with you guys. It'll be fun looking at all of your pics from the day! Did you get any with you in it? Show us!
    I'll call you tonight.
    xo, Sheri

    ReplyDelete