Sunday, February 7, 2010

Balance vs. Surge

I woke up this morning and coffee actually sounded good to me again….YAY!

As Kenny says, he can tell when I’m sick when food doesn’t sound good and I’m too sick to get on the internet :)

Of course the up-side of having food-poisoning is that I think I’ve lost about 7 pounds since Tuesday night…..always looking for those hidden blessings.  Perhaps on Monday I’ll start back to the gym in earnest and start whittling away at the winter fat.  A few years ago I was at a point where I actually liked to go to the gym, (okay, I never liked cardio…..I wish there was something to get me to love that, but I just don’t…..lifting weights however….I love) but maybe I just got burnt out on it.  I’ve talked to Dulcy about yoga and I might give that a try…..it’s just always trying to prioritize what I want to do.  I guess I go in “fits and spurts” with everything I do.

I might be in a home-remodeling craze and then go into a cooking craze and then a reading craze and then hooking again.  Rather than fighting it, I guess I should just learn to be “in the moment” with whatever I feel passionate about at the time.

If you’ve followed my blog for any length of time you know that I’m always searching for more BALANCE in my life…..maybe I’m just not wired for balance….maybe my wiring is a little more conducive to surges.  I’ve decided not to fight it and just go with it.

I’ve been following the blog of Deanne Fitzpatrick and I love/hate how her blog has so much writing and so few pictures……but, now I think I get it.  Having to have pictures (or feeling like I need to have pictures)  TOTALLY gets in the way of just sitting down and writing, so from time to time you may not see as many pictures, but I’ll try to always sit down and jot down a little bit about my day, my life, my thoughts.

We are expecting snow again tonight……..LOVE!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were ill. Hope you are well today.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! I hear ya about the balance...I have none. I just do what I do.

    One thing, though...I always read. Rarely, if ever, am I without a book. Even in tech school with work and studying, I still read books. So, that is probably something I do more than anything else.

    I agree with what you said about the photos...I think feel the need to have photos, as if what I have to say might not be as interesting.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy ~
    Congrats on losing 7 pounds but being sick is a lousy way to do it!
    Your blog is enjoyable, whether it be pictures or writing. Either works for me.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better, Tammy! I hear you about balance. Last year was quite the whirlwind for me so this year I decided to "focus". Live in the moment. Enjoy what I have right in front of me. So far, it's working! Less stress and a lot more contentment. And, certainly a lot less guilt. As they say, "Resistance is futile." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you're on the upswing! I have also been following Deanne Fitzpatrick's blog and have enjoyed responding to her journal entries. It gets me thinking and writing. I would love to see more pics. of her work, because I absolutely love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete