Has it really been a week since I blogged?
Yup, I guess it has.
Well, I’ve been hooking a little bit…..hooked a few more tree rings and also set in the border of my rug…….tried…..
to get a picture of the rug in progress, but the dogs just kept following me and hanging out on the rug….they like to do that!
I even got up on a chair to get a “bird’s eye” view…….but they still wouldn’t get off the rug!
Oh well, you get the point……
I really need to get going on putting in some of my background color as I hook this rug so I won’t end up with JUST background left to hook.
I pulled out the dye pots the other night…..I haven’t dyed wool in about a year….can you believe that?!
I’m REALLY trying to use up a lot of my “on hand” wool for this project, my “stash busting” project….so I gathered up some yardage, as well as bits and pieces of greens and yellows to overdye.
Here are pictures of the swatches I bought in Florida, and some potential ProChem colors that I used to overdye with…..
So how did my wool turn out…..well, some was a little brighter and some was a little more drab than my swatches, but that’s okay….I’m going to use the brighter wool and add a little more of a “leaf green” dye over the drab pieces and see what happens….I’m trying not to stress about this rug…..I mean, it’s going in the utility room for goodness sake, but I still want it to look good…..I’ll share pictures of what I dyed later with you.
“Go forth and be creative”