Sunday, April 10, 2011

A beautiful hooking day!

Yesterday I attended the “Boathouse Hook-In”…..it was a beautiful, balmy day…I think the temp got up to 87 degrees….the redbuds were in bloom, herons were fishing in the waters, dogs were retrieving balls from the lake and 50 some odd hookers got together to hook, shop, eat and enjoy each other’s company.

Here are some of the rugs that were in the rug show, some works in progress and a little bit of quilting.  I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was really into working on the new “Redbud Runner”.

 

This is a rug that my GF, Kelly, just HAD to have a picture of….she loved the soft, antique color combination…..really beautiful and in progress.

…..here is a close-up….

 

This is a rug that Marsha is working on the binding……have we got talent here in the Ozarks or what?!

A few close-ups….

 

Betty was working on quilting these wool pieces onto batting with decorative stitches, and then she is going to applique or embroider things in the middle of each square….Betty does BEAUTIFUL handwork!  Every time I see something she is working on, it makes me want to try it too…..or at least THINK of trying it!!

It was so good to see so many hookers that I don’t get a chance to see that often anymore….and the food….TO DIE FOR! Hookers can cook, I’m telling you!  As for me, I took the easy route this year and took in some soft peppered brie, Provencal salami, olive dip, and sliced French baguette.  This is what we’ve been having for supper several nights this week….since it’s warmed up, we’ve been outside longer and haven’t been cooking nearly as much.

Now for the rug show…..if you want “bigger” views of the rugs, you should be able to click on them.  If you want info on where the pattern is from, just e-mail me, and I’ll try to find out for you.

 

 

Inside the boathouse…..

 

Beautiful wools!

 

Gratuitous dog picture…..went to sleep last night dreaming of hooking……

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful rugs!!! Okay...this post tells me that yes...yes I really DO wanna be a hooker!! Love them! Sounds like a wonderful time, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love those soft antique colors in the first rug.
    Enjoyed seeing so many rugs.
    Missed not coming, but to many things happening on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, the rugs are stunning. I have such a long way to go to achieve such lushness! Your supper sounds yummy! I think I'll try it this week.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful collection. One of these days soon, I'm giving myself the gift of learning to hook. Thanks for sharing. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, thanks for sending that beautiful warm sunny day our way. This afternoon I worked in the flower beds until I thought that my shoulder was going to drop off,

    I recognized several rugs that I've seen on blogs before.
    What a nice rug parade. Thanks for sharing this with us. JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful rugs! what a collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy the rugs are a dream! thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete