Saturday, January 1, 2011

Disappointments and Pleasures

Last night I made the “Ultimate Mac and Cheese” and the “Cheese Beer Toast”…..well, they were okay, but just okay…..so “in my opinion” I’d say skip these recipes that I shared with you…….not everything that looks and sounds good is always a home run! 

However, I’m loving the book I’m reading…..just a few chapters to go!

I have to admit…..I’m always reeled in by the cover of a book and I just loved the cover of this one!  They say “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”, but I have to say I’m guilty of doing this, and this time the book has lived up to it’s cover!  I wish I could say I just enjoyed “deep, thought provoking books”, but I just love to read books where there is fashion, romance and travel involved!

 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I made a cheese beer dip over the holidays that wasn't anything to write home about either. I love to read but just don't have the time right now.....however, that cover is very intriguing. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Tammy! I laughed at your 'don't judge a book by its cover'...that book cover is so you! Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog. I fixed lasagne last night from Pioneer Woman's cookbook & it was yummy. The only thing, it makes enough for a small army. I'm freezing some & taking most to my kids. Love that cookbook. Hope to see you soon. Peace, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Tammy, Since I've been hooking I seem to think that all the wool clothing would look better in a rug than on me so I kind of put fashion aside. I'm wondering how many other hookers has gone that way.

    About recipes that just aren't passing the taste test, it probably because of different tastes. I like to try the ones that I've tasted somewhere that left a good impression on my taste buds.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I appreciate your friendship. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy ~
    Health, happiness, family and friends ~ I hope 2011 is your best year ever.
    Hugs to you, Kenny and the furbabies :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Tammy, I LOVED the Devil Wears Prada - both book and movie - so I'm sure that chasing Harry Winston will be fab. I wonder if it's already in production.
    Re the mac and cheese, I've been disappointed a number of times by the "fancy schmancy" kinds. And every once in a while, nothing will touch the craving like a good ole' box of KD. I should be embarrassed to say that, but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete