Friday, December 31, 2010

Send off

I’ve been perusing the net this morning looking for ideas of what to make for New Year’s Eve tonight. We tend not to go out on New Year’s Eve….it just feels safer staying put.

Right now it’s warm….in the 50’s, but the temperature is supposed to start taking a nose dive about 8pm…..YIKES….down to 18 they say.

Considerations for tonight’s meal…..

We have frozen crabcakes in the freezer, so I’m thinking of getting those out and toasting those up for our main course….maybe a little steak as well.

Then, I came across this recipe from Paula Deen….it’s surprisingly not swimming in butter :)

Portabello and Asparagus Salad (click HERE for recipe)

 

Next, I found a “new to me” website….. “Chili Cheese Fries.net” …. oh my….this website really tests my resolve to be “good”

I think this “Kentucky Beer Cheese Toast” sounds divine! Cheesy bread and any kind of chips and dip are my total un-doing!

 

Then I ran across this “Ultimate Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Jalapenos” recipe there too…..but I’m thinking I’ve already got pasta with the other salad (the healthier one) and cheese with the toast, but I did print it out for future reference (when only creamy cheese and pasta will soothe your woes)

 

So what are you doing New Year’s Eve?

Okay, I’d best get to the gym and then run by the store and pick up my ingredients that I need……stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. Tammy ~
    Happy New Year and I am glad you plan to be safe. Me, too. Just dinner and a movie at my DSO's and maybe, just maybe, a little hooking and I'll probably be asleep before midnight!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Tammy. I'm staying put too. We had a light soup and cracker meal with just ice cream with a sprinkle of clod hoppers for desert and later on this evening, some chips and dip and a bit of my home made Wine Kitz Gewurzt wine while watching a movie.

    Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Stay safe and warm. JB

    ReplyDelete