Last night I finished my 2nd garden rug. Kind of embarrassing at how long it’s taken me to get through this project, but I have to remember, it’s the journey, not how fast you get there that counts!
I haven’t posted about the garden rugs in a while…..there are three of them all together…..the third one is about 1/2 hooked and I’d like to get that finished in time to take all 3 of them to the hook-in at Lenexa, KS which is at the end of February.
My husband, Kenny, drew out the patterns, so I want them to be really good…..maybe that has given me a bit of anxiety, but now that I have the 2nd one done it’s given me fuel to go ahead and tackle number 3 with a bit more gusto!
Garden Rug #2
Binding around that little stem that sticks out at the bottom right was tedious! I used bias quilt binding tape to bind this rug and a very small diameter cording.
The tendrils for the leaves were fun to make…..just a simple chain stitch.
I hooked some areas of the rug higher to make it more textural and give it more interest.
I also added felted beads…..
As well as some little stuffed bleeding hearts……
My goal for January is to have rug #3 completely hooked……off I go!