2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.
6. the resulting state.
7. Optics . the act, process, or capability of distinguishing between two separate but adjacent objects or sources of light or between two nearly equal wavelengths. Compare resolving power.
8. a solution, accommodation, or settling of a problem, controversy, etc.
9. Music .
a. the progression of a voice part or of the harmony as a whole from a dissonance to a consonance.
b. the tone or chord to which a dissonance is resolved.
10. reduction to a simpler form; conversion.
11. Medicine/Medical . the reduction or disappearance of a swelling or inflammation without suppuration.
12. the degree of sharpness of a computer-generated image as measured by the number of dots per linear inch in a hard-copy printout or the number of pixels across and down on a display screen.
I’ve really thought about what should be my New Year’s Resolution for 2011……I think I’m going to choose continuing on with keeping up with working out, eating well, but not beating myself up when I get off course a bit.
I’d also like to start hooking more, but I just don’t think that is going to happen until the “hooking room” shapes up….so that is another resolution….keep chipping away at making my hooking space less cluttered and more inspiring and peaceful….in hopes of doing just that I have ordered some linen from Renee at Skip To My Ewe, so I can start on two runners for my home…..one for the utility room and one for in front of the bar. I think it will be fun to sit down and design something….perhaps geometric or something with lots of words and sayings….not sure yet, but, like Christmas…the anticipation of starting a new rug is the best part….maybe even good enough to get me to sit down and finish the Garden rugs that I’ve been working on for what feels like forever.
I’ve spent the day puttering about…..stayed cozied up in bed this morning reading a new book…..
I think I got almost 1/2 way through it this morning….it’s reading REALLY fast! Then we took down the last two Christmas trees, walked the dogs….watched part of the HGTV Dream Home on TV….which reminds me….I need to sign up to win it!
(warning….when you go to sign up you have to take about a 12 page survey…..yes, I did it….now I hope I win!)
I finished reading “Chasing Harry Winston”….loved it! Will have to seek out the other books by this author!
Just getting ready to pop a new recipe in the oven….if it’s a success I’ll share it with you later on.
Oh yeah, have you watched any of the shows on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)? I watched a few yesterday….think it’s going to be a channel that I’m on pretty frequently!