If it’s not working….change it!
I’m such a believer in this saying. Yesterday, as I was on another organizing binge, I thought about how Kenny and I are always bi**hing about how we can never see all of the canned goods in our pantry because it is too deep and the shelves don’t pull out. Well, some of the shelves pull out, but not the ones where we store the canned items. The shelves are really deep, so once canned items get in “the back” they have a hard time resurfacing…..not only is this frustrating, but we keep buying items that we don’t need, but we don’t KNOW that because they are back in the black hole.
SO, yesterday I decided to change things up…..I had a few options…..
- call the cabinet people and order some pull out shelves for the canned goods (expensive….that’s why we didn’t go this route in the first place)
- move the canned goods to the shelves that pull out (then we’d have the same problem with the chips/crackers/etc that are stored on those shelves)
- move the canned goods to the lazy-susan where the mixing bowls and pitchers are stored
- keep everything the same and keep bit**ing about it
I choose option number 3
Yes, I’d have to get a chair everytime I wanted to get something from the top shelf or dig further back on the other shelves…..so, while reorganizing, I tried to put things we used the least often on the top shelf.
Is there something in your life that is just “not working”? Does it drive you crazy? Is there anything you can do to change it?
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
- ~Maya Angelou~