Monday, October 11, 2010

What got done?

I made a big “to-do” list of things I wanted to do on Saturday, and this weekend on my last post.

What got done?

I did make it to the farmers’ market and stocked up on some happy meats (grass-fed, free-range….animals who have had a chance to live a decent life before ending up on my plate).

I made it to the gym and was able to go almost 10 miles on the elliptical trainer…..well, it said I went 9.8 miles in 45 minutes….not sure I believe that….maybe it’s because it was at a higher setting….who knows, but it sure sounds good!

I also made the Harvest pumpkin muffins…..I’d rate them a B+, definitely worth making if you are trying to stay away from processed foods…..when I make them again I’m going to add more of the spices, but they are super moist and have the nice crunch of the toasted walnuts.  I do think the recipe is worth sharing.

Harvest Pumpkin Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

Gather ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
  • 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light;

beat in honey,

egg and pumpkin.

Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just blended;

(don’t forget to toast your walnuts)

stir in walnuts.

 

Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined 2-1/2 inch muffin cups. (I ran out of paper cups, so some were in paper cups and some were in greased tins…..they all slid out perfectly fine once they were baked)

Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (mine were ready at 25 minutes) Remove muffins from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. ( I had mine at room temperature, but I think they would be awesome warm out of the oven….this was my post-workout snack)

Kenny got home from work and moved the trolley into the living room…..we tried to use it as a coffee table by the sofa, but it just wasn’t working, so it’s now being used as a table/plant stand.  I took a few pictures of how it’s coming together…..coming together, not finished, but getting there.

We still need to hang things on the wall….they are soooo bare, but trying to get a “feel” for the room and get the furniture placed first.

The curtains came in, and I picked those up on Sunday, so hopefully those will go up tonight.  In this next picture you can see one of the panels lying across the drafting table (still on the hunt for the perfect old drafting chair)

By the way, JCPenny’s is having a window covering sale HERE.  I purchased a panel and a valance at sale price….took them home to see if they worked, took a survey that was on my receipt and then ordered the rest with an additional 15% off…..love being able to get more bang for my buck!

I also caved and ordered this light from Pottery Barn…..I’ve loved it for a long time and now it’s on SALE at over half of what it was originally.  I think this will look great by the sofa and will give me great light to sit and read or rug hook.

Since we’ve rearranged the furniture, we are now thinking maybe a chaise lounge instead of a loveseat…..we shopped for that yesterday, but came up empty handed……so far.

Oh yeah, got my drapery rods at Bed Bath and Beyond using my 20% off coupons and $5 off coupons, plus I had a credit from a cake plate that I got for Christmas that arrived broken…..it was a great money spending/saving kind of day!

Then there are the clothes from Marshall’s…..(no the closet didn’t get organized, but it’s going to have to be done this week!) running out of time….maybe I’ll talk about that tomorrow.

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Tammy I love today's post. The room is coming together nicely and I love, love, love that lamp. I got one years ago that sits on a heavy stand and swings out to illuminate a large radius and My kids wants me to get rid of it but I'm resisting because it's so useful but they're right , the shade has yellowed with time. I just haven't been looking hard enough.

    The muffins looks yummy but I have some pumpkin pies in the oven for our Thanksgiving dinner this evening. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy:
    The room is looking GREAT! I love your chair. How unique!!!! I also love the lamp from PB......it is fabulous. Be sure to check Ebay when buying PB items......I have found alot of things, that way, that are 50% less. I see you have a crystal ball.......I also have one. Love that!
    My big question - where did you get that lamp with crows on it? That is spectacular!!!! (You know I am a Crow). Room is looking awesome.

    Muffins also sound delicious - I was trying to smell them! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're moving right along! I tried to call you this evening, but it was dog walking time I'm sure.
    Let's get together this week and do some hooking! I've just drawn (Finally) Peter's cat from the artwork at Watercolor USA. I actually found the written OK by the artist to hook it. I was surprised at how organized I am!!!
    Talk to you soon,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, I like your new look - both blog and home. I too am in the middle of renovation, although mine was forced. I'm getting a chaise connected to a two-seat sofa (tufted white leather from IKEA, one of my favorite stores!).

    ReplyDelete