Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reading and decorating

I’m up this morning and I think I have one chapter left to read of “The Help”

……I have loved this book so much that I think I will gift it to a few people,  just because I have enjoyed it soooo much. It’s one of those books you can just lose yourself in. If you want to read an excerpt from the book click HERE.

I love reading books where the author writes like the people speak….I think that’s why I also loved reading books by Mark Twain, which I read somewhere that his autobiography is being released. He wrote it and told the publisher not to publish it until he’d been dead for 100 years…..well, the time has come and Volume 1 is out. Maybe it’s been out for a while, but I just read this on the net.

I rarely purchase books unless they are hooking books or books that I give as gifts…..I’m heading to the library website and requesting this one now!

On the hooking front, things have been rather quiet…..I did order some wire wrapped felted beads to attach to one of the garden rugs and I’m waiting for those to come in the mail.  Maybe I’ll start working on the binding of rug #2 while I’m waiting for those to get here.

We have still been working on the front living room…the curtains are up, the light I ordered came in and we are starting to add shots of color and whimsey……trying to make it US!

Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Though I don't feel I could pull it off anywhere in my house, I love your style...your touches of whimsey, your color sense. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a sense of style Tammy, and it's all coming together nicely. I would like to see the whole room in one shot but I know that's not possible. I
    really like the cart table in front of the window and that wooden sculptured lamp. Very unique.

    I enjoyed reading the sample of book you're reading and it does sounds very interesting.
    Have a creative weekend. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by and noticed you and I are reading the same book. It really is a good book and I hear if you listen to the audio it is even better but I have a hard time with concentrating on audio books, I'd rather read. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy ~
    Love that wooden "whimsy" lamp. How unique.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ceramic columns!! Great color and very unusual!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy,
    I have read "The Help," and it IS a great book--I really liked it. Your room is coming together, love the cart table, lighting, and the 3 large colorful art pieces. Love ya, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete