You asked for it, you got it……
Here’s the recipe for Kenny’s Chinese Chicken Noodle Salad
- 16 ounces Barilla plus spaghetti
- 2 cups diagonally sliced fresh snow peas
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chili oil (optional if you don’t like spicy)
Kenny thinks it would also be good with more veggies
and perhaps water chestnuts
Cook chicken breast in water with 1 Tbs. olive oil
When chicken is cooked, remove from water and shred or chop, but save your chicken water to cook the spaghetti in.
Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 9 minutes.
Add sliced snow peas to spaghetti and cook for 1 more minute.
Drain and rinse under cold, running water.
Combine pasta mixture, chicken, green onions and bell pepper in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl combine teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil. Also salt, pepper and chili oil (if using).
Pour over pasta mixture and toss well.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.