Friday, March 16, 2012

Books and books

IMG_0658

Yesterday I was made to rest and drink fluids….

Last week I had bronchitis, still wasn’t feeling great

on Tuesday, not bad, but not great….still had a bit

of a cough, but had started wheezing. Went back to

the dr. and found out I now have pneumonia.

Got a shot…..I mean, I haven’t had a shot since I was a kid,

at least not that I remember. He said I was REALLY

sick and needed to stay home, off work until Monday.

I’ve been lying in bed and reading like a banshee.

Finished one book that I had been reading

 

and also finished a 2nd book that I

picked up at the library

 

and am now on my third book.

I did pop out of bed long enough to drive to the library and

pick up more books…..saw a roadrunner on our main

road…..have never seen a roadrunner in the city before.

If I were not driving at the time, I would have taken

a picture.  For those of you who don’t know what they look like

they are an odd little bird.

Funny how seeing something out of the ordinary kind of makes your day!

Perhaps today I will hook?

IMG_0662

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you're feeling bad.....at least you get to read. My g'boy, Sage, was diagnosed with pneumonia this week. What's the deal!!!! Take care & feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon Tammy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to get some reading done! My goodness Tammy...... I'm sure glad you went to the Dr. and are following the orders! Get better real soon... Looks like you have some fur buddies keeping you company and taking care of you!!
    HUgs!!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh wish I was closer and I'd make you some chicken soup, or a get well toddy...........or sumpthin. Bless your little heart.
    Get that book from Patti, we were discussing, and really plant your bootie in bed!!!!
    Sending you a big get well hug.
    Yes, hooking would make you feel better. Try not to get SHARPIE all over your legs this time. LOL.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope get back to full healthy status soon. In the meantime do enjoy the lounging and reading books as the work-a-day world be coming back all too soon.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better Tammy! Loved seeing the picture of a road runner. I never saw one before, wasn't what I expected. I guess I wanted him to look like the roadrunner in the cartoons!! Kiss the kids for me and take care of yourself!!!

    hugs
    cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!! You SHOULD have called me! I would have been over with books, Starbucks, and something good to eat. I had no idea you had gotten that sick! I hope you're better and will give you a ring this weekend.

    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you are sick with pneumonia. Better stay in bed and get that rest. Nice of your furry friends to keep you company while you catch up on your reading.

    Hope that you feel better real soon. Wear some green pajamas tomorrow. Happy St Patrick Day. JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tammy...pneumonia is no fun at all. Takes a long time to get over it, too. If your doctor said you were REALLY sick, take it REALLY easy and don't push much. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl I hope that you are on the mend. Do you think the fibers from the rug hooking might hurt you at this point just a thought. I just started reading THe Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. Love Road Runners Hubby saw one yesterday on the way into town. We are in Texas right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy ~
    So sorry to hear! No fun being sick. What a lousy way to have time to read and hook. I do hope you feel better soon.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tammy, I never seen a road runner before. They look cute and weird at the same time. Hope you feel better soon. Well wishes from Newfoundland

    ReplyDelete