Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hi Ho…..

Hi Ho-Hi Ho….it’s off to Home Depot I go…..to get more silver paint……I’m finished with the first coat, but it really sucked up the paint…..this is how much I have left……

Today, expect multiple postings….this is just too fun to watch it transform…..

I swear, I’ve never painted like this….you have to paint the silver like you are on crack! I’m using 3 brushes….one little brush to dob paint around the edges and then a 3” specialty roller to cut in and then a larger specialty roller to paint with.  Normally I cut in around the whole thing and then paint, but with this you have to dob, then cut then cross-hatch….crack I’m telling you…..or maybe it’s the fumes! Oh well, this coat has to dry 4 hours before I can do the next coat…..need to get out of the house anyway and do the errands….Home Depot and the pool store….maybe look at a little furniture too!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You have to cross hatch it? How come? And does it come out looking like this? This is actually pretty cool! LOL It looks like a metal mosaic! I'm surprised you dont see any purple undertones too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cleopatra....I'll take a snooze while you finish, lol! Anxious to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, so good!! I like it a lot! Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a technique! Looks very strenuous! I'm likin' it so far as it looks kind of industrial. Carry on! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Schmoly...I must have missed the "I'm gonna paint my walls silver post(s)". I can't quite picture it in my house, but woman, this looks terrific! Very very very awesome! I bet you're the first on your bloc with a silver wall, hey? Looks like you're doing an excellent job. WOW. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete