Monday, January 12, 2009

Thank you and new inspiration

First off,

Thank you


to everyone who picked up some patterns during my little FREE SHIPPING event! It always feels good to clear some space during the new year to make room for new patterns, wools and ideas.
I truly believe that when you get rid of the old you are inviting new and exciting things into your life and what should come in today's mail but wool mailers from

and


Well, I couldn't help myself and I must say there will be moocho amounts of woolies heading to my door soon
.....so exciting!!!


I can't wait for it to get here and wash it and dry it and put it on the shelves at Simply Fibers for my hooking group....such pretties! Rebecca even has a wool that is made of cashmere and alpaca....oooohhhhh....I'm thinking of some sort of scrumptious hooked pillow to prop my little head on.


I'm so excited that tomorrow night, after work, I think I will start going through my wool room and moving things around to make room for the new woolies!
Last night we went to the book store and it was so nice to just sit for an hour and peruse books and magazines that caught my eye.
My favorite book that I saw last night was this:


It had wonderful ideas using fairly inexpensive materials and lots of time to make beautiful items like this reverse applique cotton jersey scarf with beading

these floppy jersey cotton hydrangeas

another item using the reverse applique and hand painting and stitching

and this beautiful beaded postcard

so lovely!
Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. I just love the look of the reverse applique! That might be a book I have to purchase, or recommend that my library buy so I can borrow it. We have a tired library that takes suggestions for ordering new books. So I know that at some point I will be reading that book and playing with some new patterns. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds lovely ~ I'd like to check it ouT!

    ReplyDelete