Friday, May 4, 2007

Giving Back



I've done a lot of soul searching lately and after doing much research on-line today I've decided that when I finish my "Basketful" rug, I will donate the eBay auction proceeds to "Convoy of Hope". They are based in my hometown of Springfield, Missouri and help many people in the US and internationally.

To see what they are about click here http://www.convoyofhope.org/index.php


They were on site for our community of Springfield when we had the big ice storm and power outage this winter. Our house was out of power for 12 days.....it was very pioneer like and we were lucky to have a gas log, kerosene heater and gas powered hot water, so it was bearable. But for many here in the Ozarks who rely on electrically pumped well water they were not as fortunate. I remember seeing people lined up at the Convoy of Hope trucks to get fresh water, blankets and many other items needed for winter survival. The icy picture is a picture of the street I live on. http://www.convoyofhope.org/usnewsdetail.php?ID1=8

I'm putting up a challenge to other artists and rug hookers to pick out a favorite charity and donate part of your proceeds to that charity.

I will be giving 100% of my final selling price to Convoy of Hope.

When the rug is finished and I have it up for auction I will let you all know.

Kind of excited!!

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Tammy,
    I love your compassionate heart and your great idea! Thanks for inspiring me! Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete