Monday, February 17, 2014

Seeing Red

IMG_3581

I love red…..I mean LOVE! If you would look at my wool

stash you would see what I mean…these are just scraps of

BRIGHT reds from other projects.  I also have brick reds

and orangey coral-y reds as well.

IMG_3580

It’s my goal to work through my stash and make a big dent

in it before purchasing more wool….well, if that’s the case,

I decided I’d best “get on it”!

IMG_3582

I also have many left over patterns from my teaching days,

so I’m just turning them over and drawing on the other side.

I really needed a bigger pieces of monks cloth than this, but I

guess I’ll just sew on “cheaters” to get me through.

IMG_3583

Yes, I can hook fast when I want to!

IMG_3584

I’m loving this…..kind of “Moose Gone Modern”

IMG_3590

This is my first time to do a real “hit and miss” type rug,

well, actually it’s going to be a pillow.

I’ve also got bookoo “worms” to work with….tried to sort

them into “piles”.

BRIGHTS

IMG_3586

DULLS

IMG_3589

LIGHTS

IMG_3587

DARKS

IMG_3588

(I think my camera is making some of my darks look like they

are fooling around with the brights!)

IMG_3585

Must say I was inspired by Bea Brock’s new book…..one of

the best books to come out in a while (in my opinion).

Wonderfully and thoughtfully written and beautiful photography!

Now I’m off to have a glass of wine, yes, it was THAT kind

of Monday!!

8 comments:

  1. Well, you know me red and wine.... The perfect combination!! I LOVE this new piece you're doing! Those stripes give the head a 3-D appearance. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dulcy! Next time we hook, perhaps we should have some red wine with our hooking!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jan....by the way, love your granddaughter's Valentine heart hair....too cute!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the moose! And Bea's book is the bomb. Even more amazing is that she took all the photographs at Tricia Travis' rug shopand in Brackenvillage Village where Tricia's shop is located.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. twoives, Bea's book IS the bomb!! I think the photography is soooo beautiful! I've let my subscription to rug hooking magazine lapse....the articles are great, but most of the time the photography is just snoozeville. We need more books like Bea's!

      Delete
  4. WOW! That moose is simply amazing! As is the book...it's almost enough to make me consider digging out my rughooking stuff. Seriously. Keep up the good work...I do so love the fact that you are always changing and experimenting and not afraid to do something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacque, I get bored easily :) The only things I've stuck with over the years are my husband, my house and my job.....rug hooking has been with me longer than any other thing I've tried....I still like to dabble in other fiber arts....keeps things feeling fresh for me.

    ReplyDelete