Saturday, February 15, 2014

Red Wine and Fish

Thursday evening we stopped by an event at WineSpot

to benefit

While we were there we met Dolly, a sweet

little dachshund who has been living at the

shelter for over a year, looking for that special

someone to make her part of their family.

She reminded us a bit of our Cleopatra, because she was

older and a bit chunky, so adorable!

IMG_3570

If you want to know more about Dolly, just click on her picture.

Of course, we got to sample some wine and we found a couple

to take home with us….how fitting that the wine had a basset

hound on the label!

Little did we know when we were tasting, that this is a local

wine and it has a story to go along with it.  To read the story,

click on the picture above. 

I’ve had an extended weekend, (yay!!!) so I had time to work

on the trout rug….so much time in fact, that I have finished

the hooking!!!

IMG_3572

IMG_3573

Finishing this has me back in the hooking mode and I’ve even

started another new rug…..

IMG_3581

IMG_3580

IMG_3579

Yes, it’s red!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sarah, I love red too! Maybe too much as evidenced by my wool collection. I've been inspired by the "Scrappy Rugs" book to use up some of my red stash.....feel like I might be making LOTS of red rugs....bright reds, coral reds, brick reds...it did make me go through my stash and try to organize it a bit....that's a good thing!

      Delete
  2. I am always so sad for all the shelter animals. The wine looks yummy I love to buy local
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I'm always sad for them too...wish I had gobs of money and gobs of space for all of them. We were thrilled that the wine was local AND that it had a basset on the label...made it even better!

      Delete
  3. Funny Otto story. Your fish piece is very nice and very much you. Am looking forward to seeing your new red piece too. Looks like red polka dots.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saundra, I've almost called the fish rug, "The Damn Fish" rug...making it for my cousin....fish are not really my thing so it has taken me almost 2 years to hook and finish this thing...can't wait to bind it and have it out of here :)

      Delete
  4. Fun fish rug! It sounds like you are glad to be done. Keep up that hooking mojo.
    Shelter animals make me sad, too. They don't deserve that life.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, You are correct, I'm sooo glad to be finished with the fish rug. You know how it feels to have something hanging over your head....it just makes everything feel heavy :( I think you hit the nail on the head about the shelter animals....they don't deserve that life....that's it!

      Delete