Saturday, May 21, 2011

What I’m loving……at the moment

This bedroom! I can’t even say how much I’ve studied this….

the really busy quilt as the base,

with a more simple graphic quilt folded up at the end of the bed,

simple sheets and a mix of solid, graphic and busy pillows at the top

……am I over analyzing this? 

I can’t help myself!

The art of Leigh Viner

I love how she combines what looks like simple pencil drawing

with the realistic eyes and mouth and then

the digital flower…..

amazing!

Egg chairs…..I think

they would be great to snuggle into

and read a good book!

Sally Cummings Shisler

Dreama Tolle Perry

Elizabeth Fraser

Paintings with big bold chunky strokes…..

I think this will be my next experiment with rug hooking

….to try and replicate this look in a rug.

5 comments:

  1. Tammy you can never be boring for sure.

    I love bright colors in my gardens but for me, a bedroom is made to rest and sleep and I think like you that this bedroom is busy with colors and patterns. I don't think that I could sleep in there unless I had my eyes closed from the start, lol. I guess that I'm too old to change at this point in my life.

    I can't wait to see your new rug. I'm sure that you can make another masterpiece. Have a great weekend. We are having rain..... JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you sleeping in a bedroom like this! Your mind is constantly going all the time anyway, right? Just keep a sketchpad by your bed for all the amazing things you dream up!
    And the chunky dog pic is one of the reasons I wish you would've joined Wanda Kerr's class on The Welcome Mat. How to hook portraits. We're really learning. NOT as easy as I thought it would be!!! But I think we're really going to learn alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,

    No one could ever accuse you of being boring! You are the exact opposite.

    Like the dog you chose, looks a little "bassety" to me. I have been looking at the art of Carolee Clark and think her work would make a great rug, way out of my comfort zone.

    Check this one out:
    http://www.caroleeclark.com/fur_ball.html

    Found her among the Daily Painters Gallery I joined. Love all the different works.

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,
    I love that bedroom too! The Ora Kiely prints on the pillows mixed with the floral ones are great!
    The paintings are beautiful inspiration for a rug! I think you could really come up with something wonderful!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  5. From reading your blog, you have chosen pictures that seem soooo you! You would do a wonderful job hooking a rug like the painting strokes. Get to it, would love to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete