Monday, May 2, 2011

Savory

I guess you might have noticed that the books I’m “currently reading” on my side bar have been the same for a bit?

 

These are not the kind of books that you just rip through like a bag of M&M’s

 

or a pint of Hagen-Daz chocolate ice cream

…..they are  the kind of books that you savor….kind of like Bailey’s in coffee on a Saturday morning

(hey, I’ve been known to rip through that too, but I’m just sayin’)

 

or a butterscotch button candy

(yeah, who am I kidding….I can’t suck on those and make them last….I crunch them!)

…..maybe I need to find another metaphor that doesn’t involve food or alcohol…….kind of like savoring lying in bed on a cold, rainy Saturday

…..yeah, that’s it…and watching a good movie, like “Gone With the Wind”

These are books that you savor and think about…..I like that every once in a while….but I know that soon I’ll be back to books that I shoot back like a good shot of Tequila and devour like chips and salsa…..it’s all about balance!

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Pacing is everything, isn't it? That book about creativity looks like one I'd like...I'll have to check it out!
    Thanks,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I guess that there's a time for everything. There's a time to eat ice cream and there's a time for screaming, lol...

    I'm curious about the Hooked Rug Portraits by Anne-Marie Littenberg. Is it any good and is it worth getting?

    I would like our library to carry more Rug Hooking books that I could borrow as but I seldom see any new ones. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia,
    The book is TOTALLY worth getting!

    ReplyDelete