Monday, February 28, 2011

Progress

I did finish the book…..loved it!

As for the rug….I’ve made progress….got two big flowers prodded in….

 

BEFORE

 

AFTER

….now to tackle that darned leaf!

I think spring is on the way….saw a robin bathing in the birdbath Sunday as we were leaving to go to Kenny’s moms for his birthday dinner…..

We had enchiladas, corn on the cob, spinach salad….the really good kind with bacon and hard-boiled eggs and this wonderful birthday cake!

It’s a Pig-pickin’ cake….pineapple, mandarin oranges, whipped cream…..it’s the bombe!

4 comments:

  1. The birthday dinner sounds yummy! And that cake...sigh. Happy Birthday to hubby! Your rug is really wonderful. I like seeing the changes. I'm really just learning and I take things out and change them a lot. But I get better with each rip out!
    Glad to see the robin!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Robin! Spring has sprung!
    Your rug has been an absolute delight to watch progress! It is beautiful!

    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishing touch on your rug. I love it.

    Please tell that robin to come our way. They are telling us that we will still get more snow. We are buried in the snow here. March 1st and spring is no where in sight... JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tammy --- the rug is just looking spectacular!!!!! Simply GORGEOUS! Your use of color and whimsey makes your pieces so memorable!!!!
    I haven't seen a posting of your dessert from El Toro Bravo......the Tree of Life in chocolate and extra calories. I hope the pic turned out. That one was super dessert! (in a mouthful).

    Soon as I saw that PIG cake......I knew what it was. YUMMO!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete