Friday, August 31, 2007

It's looking like fall!!!

Today it was actually nice and cool when I got off work......okay...it was 76 degrees....much cooler than the 90 and 100+ days we've been having. Thank goodness, because I really hate hot weather!!!Above is a little coiled wool pumpkin pin that I will be teaching at a "make and take" class at Simply Fibers on September 8th. Wool coiling and needle felting...a couple of new techniques to use with wool! It doesn't have one bit of glue other than the E6000 that I used to attach the pin to the back of the pumpkin.
Also finished is the hooked scissor keeper. This was going to be for a beginning rug hooking class, but I got a little carried away with all the finishing techniques, so I need to rethink this as a beginner class. When I put my classes on the schedule I had not made any of them.....well, that's one way to go forth and be creative....force yourself....sign up for something and MAKE yourself do it!!!It has hooking, whipping, blanket stitching and ladder stitching....maybe a little overwhelming for a beginner. This will be going on eBay for the Primitive Rug Hookers Group auction starting Saturday night. Look for it and other items by our group under PRHG on eBay.

Go forth and be creative,
Tammy


1 comment:

  1. Hey there Tambo! You are so creative... love the scissor keeper! BTW, my friend.... I just tagged ya! :) Stop by my blog to see what ya need to do.

    Smiles,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete