Monday, August 20, 2007

Refreshed!

Isn't it amazing what 3 long naps from Friday-Sunday will do for you?

I'm feeling soooo refreshed! Feel like I'm getting my mojo back!!! I think my internal clock was just soo0 messed up from the Vegas trip.

I've listed lots of back issues from Rug Hooking Magazine and Wool Street Journal in my eBay store. As well as some color tools.



I'm happy to say that I've finally finished hooking Maria's "Lazy Sheep" rug. Now I just need to do the binding. I think I will bind him in a really dark color...that way maybe it will pull that dark color that I outlined his face with to the outside of the rug. I've already re-hooked his face about 3 times!!!


For some reason it's easier for me to hook a pattern with more detail than a pattern that is simple. What's up with that? I guess I crave detail, but I so admire people who can work with a limited color palette and make things look beautifully simple.


Therefore, I'm working on another "simple" pattern to try and hone my skills a bit more in that area.


I've started on this "Welcome Flowers" rug from Brenis at Hey Diddle Woolies.





I'm trying out some soft Autumn colors in this one.

Now I'm trying to decide on a pattern to use this wool in......I just love it! Any ideas?



find this wool here



I'm also working on some pumpkin pins....hope to have pictures for you in a few days.



Go forth and be creative,



Tammy







No comments:

Post a Comment