Sunday, December 12, 2010

A great time!

Sheri’s (Shabby Sheep) Christmas hooking party was SOOOOO wonderful!

Her house is absolutely adorable and can that girl decorate or what?!  I took gobs of pictures that I’ve sent to her, so hopefully in the next few days she’ll be posting her holiday decorating.

There was tons of good food and Sheri made us mimosas…..YUM-O!  Then later we had spiked coffee…..okay, I did, but I’m a lush, what can I say!

Need decorating ideas when you’re having a party? Just call Sheri…..this is just a sneak peek!

Champagne on ice…..so festive!

 

She also made all of us little snowmen….AHHH-Dor-ABLE!

 

As promised here is a recipe for what I took, French Chocolate Bark, from Barefoot Contessa

French Chocolate Bark
Ingredients

6 ounces very good semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
6 ounces very good bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews 
1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger-diced
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots -diced
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup golden raisins
Directions
Place semi-sweet chocolate and half of the bittersweet chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high power for 30 seconds, stir, and continue at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is just melted.  Add the rest of the bittersweet chocolate and stir by hand until melted and completely smooth.

Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9 by 10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper facedown on the baking sheet.
Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the ginger, then cashews, apricots, cherries and raisins over the chocolate. Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 by 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature.

 

The other day, when I was catching up on my DVR watching of Martha Stewart, she had on a guest, Johnny Pigozzi,  who was talking about ALWAYS having your camera with you.  He takes lots of pictures of himself with friends with a digital camera at arms length. I decided to give it a try today….here are a few shots of me and some of my bloggy friends.  He’s big on black-and-white, so that is how I did mine too!

Me and Sheri of Shabby Sheep


Me and Dulcy of Dulcy’s Doorstep

Yes, some of us did hook just a little bit, I worked on binding one of my garden rugs, Sheri tried to work on her rug, but Jimmy Dean kept crawling up into her hooking, so I don’t think she got very far!

However, Marsha has her big rug almost finished…

What a great time!  Okay, gotta run….I’m making another recipe from Barefoot Contessa…..this time it’s a chocolate cake that has coffee stirred into the batter and instant coffee stirred into the frosting…..taking that with me to work tomorrow for a co-worker’s birthday!  What can I say, when it’s cold outside I like to have things baking in the oven to make the house smell good!  Looks like me and the treadmill will be getting re-acquainted on Monday after work!

6 comments:

  1. Tammy, thanks for posting those photos of you, Dulcy and Sheri. I love Sheri's decorations. Lots of great ideas.I'm glad that you all had a great time at the Christmas hooking party. You a lush? I thought that was my title, lol. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the B-Contessa's recipes - if you like lemon - you have to try hers for lemon cake - YMMMMMY! How wonderful to get together with friends for a Holiday HOok-in - everything looks great in the pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your black and whites!! You girls do the most fun things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see more of Sheri's decorating! That girl is one bundle of talent. Those snowman bottles are sure cute! But that little Jimmy Dean stole my heart!
    I'm making a date with my treadmill too, and I think I better start tomorrow to get a head start!
    Great photos of you girls! Love the black and whites too!
    Cathy g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super-duper yummo! Food, craft, friends and alcohol; who could ask for more? Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. She does have a special touch, doesn't she. Those snowmen jars are adorable and the frozen cranberries to chill the bubbly - very brilliant!!

    I may just have to make your bark. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete