Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vintage Love!

As time goes by, Kenny brings out and puts up more of our Christmas décor…..this year we seem to have a vintage theme.

He’s put lots of bottle brush trees and vintage ornaments on our mantel.

 

The tinsel tree from the 60’s complete with color wheel is in our front window.

 

The wreath is a bottle brush wreath with ornaments attached (not vintage, but looks vintage)

In the dining room we have a turn-table where we can play a collection of vintage Christmas albums.

 

 

The mantel in the den has an old Santa that we found in an antique store in St. Louis as well as a little vintage snowman. Lonnie’s stocking has little vintage Santa’s that were in a box of things that we got at an auction or flea market, my stocking was made by Kenny’s mom.

The Santa on this side of the mantle was Kenny’s as a child, as well as his childhood stocking.

Someone made this snowman….he comes apart into three pieces….I suppose the bottom is for cookies and the middle has a spout for pouring tea….the little container in front has fruitcake in it…..one of Kenny’s favorite holiday treats….he is a true connoisseur of fruitcake!

The tablescape that I showed a few days ago has been added to…..little molded plastic reindeer that we’ve collected over the years….

 

Kenny brought home these little vintage glass birds in a nest earlier this week and they are now on the table as well.

You would think with all of this how could we possibly make room for more……well, last night we went “junking” and came home with several wreaths and old ornaments that Kenny is going to transform into something spectacular no doubt.

Then there is me….guilty as charged….I found this little nativity set that someone had made and for $5 I couldn’t pass it up…..now I just have to find a spot for it!

4 comments:

  1. Tammy your house looks so festive. Everything looks so beautiful. The little nativity scene on the last photo is adorable. I made so many of those for sale when I was in ceramics years ago. The molds are from Duncan's JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, your home is beautiful! You've added lots since I was there last week!!! My fav is the silver tree. Reminds me of being a kid.
    See you tomorrow and don't forget the Elvis Blue Christmas CD please.
    xo, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage decor and yours brings me right back to my childhood. We had a tinsel tree, and bottle brush mini trees. I still love them! I love your collection of tree stands and the way you use them for candles on your tabletop. But my favorite is your nativity. That is special and I'm sure you'll find a special spot for it. No wool garlands? Shame on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy ~
    What fun! I love vintage Christmas items. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete