Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hand-torn

I had a few of the girls over to hook this week and Renee brought along her hand-torn sheep that she had just finished.

Here’s a close-up.  If you haven’t given hand-torn a try, you really should….there is something cathartic about tearing through your wool instead of cutting it…..it’s a great stress reliever.

I made the girls the “Portland Trolley” martinis….they are so yummy…..this is a picture…post hooking….the day after, before I put the martini glasses away…I just loved the way the light was hitting the glass.


Kelly was working on her geometric and as soon as she put it down to get a better view, Lonnie collapsed on top of it….he loves geometrics!

Today, I’m going to be dyeing wool…..haven’t dyed wool since November, so I’m pumped!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my that torn sheep is wonderful. I love him. I haven't tried the torn wool yet, but a couple of the girls at the Saltbox have.
    Love the Martini glasses.
    Kelly's geometric look great, reminds me of a quilt. I love it.
    Have a good time dyeing today and see you on the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy ~
    Renee's torn sheep rug is wonderful! I have not even heard of hooking just with torn wool. How wide are the strips torn? I do like it!
    Hope your dyeing went well.
    Happy Easter.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. what book has all the giometric in it. I am new to hooking (a year and a half) and looking for geometric ideas!!

    ReplyDelete