Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Watching paint dry

Only a crazy person would do this two days before Thanksgiving......but I gave myself Thanksgiving as my deadline..........I've been stripping old paint from the cabinets in our utility room over the past few weeks....what a job.

Then I primed the cabinets with this "fifties green" primer last night and night before last. You can see the primer on the door.....pretty huh? On top of the dryer is my grocery list....I have most of my Thanksgiving stuff and I hope to be able to do a lot of my prep work tonight and tomorrow.Last night I started stripping the wallpaper border from the wall and got that all done this morning and now I've started painting the cabinets......oh my.....how many coats is this going to take? Right now I'm waiting for the paint to dry so I can start on the next coat.....stay tuned to my chaotic life to see how it all turns out.

Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Oh, a girl after my own heart ~ let's see how much we can cram into a time period just to show ourselves it can be done!! I live my whole life this way, tamboinmo ~ and I can definitely relate!!
    Good Luck!!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of work, but you will enjoy it so much when it's finished. Your shelves look very organized. Post pix when its all done, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tammy...how's it coming along? Anxious to see the AFTER photos!

    ReplyDelete