Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving recap

This is what we woke up to this morning.....our first skiff of snow....just like confectioner's sugar sprinkled over a cake....it's already gone now, but I'm glad I got up early enough to see it.
I also have a few pictures to share from Thanksgiving....here is the hustle and bustle before the big feed. Kenny is getting ice for the drinks, I'm washing up a few pans, my grandma is sitting out her chicken and noodles and my mom could possibly be sampling something :)
This is me before the big feed begins....I'm sure I'm twice that size now :)
Oh yeah, here is the recipe for the cranberry-pineapple jello that you see in the big trifle bowl.
Holiday Salad
3 packets black cherry Jell-O
2 cups boiling water
1 can whole cranberry jell
1-20 oz can crushed pineapple (not drained)
1-1 pound package frozen strawberries (thawed)
Dissolve jello in boiling water
add the cranberry jell and stir until melted
add undrained pineapple and strawberries.
Mix and pour into dish.
I like to sprinkle crushed pecans or walnuts on top of mine!
Here is Cleopatra resting under the china cabinet while everyone eats.....she was such a good girl during the festivities.

And here are pictures from the day after.....over at Patti's house visiting with her dogs Lily and Belle.....Belle would be the one on my head giving me kisses!

Go forth and be creative,
Tammy




1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy, What wonderful pictures of you & your family & home. I absolutely love the picture of the bunnies behind you. Happy holidays. Toni

    ReplyDelete