Friday, November 2, 2007

Bits of goodness




Last night I was FINALLY able to get up to and hook with some of the girls.



For all of you who have been e-mailing me about "where is Dulcy".....well, she's been hooking and knitting up a storm! She's been having computer troubles so that's why she hasn't updated her blog recently.....she said a new computer is coming soon, so I'm sure she'll have lots to talk about once she's up and running again.



Here are some of the things she's been making....


A darling hooked purse.....


This wonderful hit and miss pumpkin rug.....(I just love that shot of turquoise in with the fall colors.....in the rug hooking world that is what we call "spark" or "poison"!!).....AND she's also started on this sweet rug of pennies from Anita White....



Rita was starting a new project last night.....she started hooking on Maria's "Little Drummer Boy".....I love the colors she's using and maybe next week I'll have some pictures of it to share with you.

Kelly was sewing binding onto this wonderful turkey rug that she has hooked as well as color planning for her next rug....."Magdelina's Crows" from Maria.


Patti had to leave early, but here is a picture of one of Maria's patterns that she has hooked and turned into a pillow....

And this is the rug that she started with teacher Pat Cross when she was at
Searsport Rug Hooking in Maine. It's based on the painting that you see above the rug....a painting by her grandfather that was painted on a slate tile......so cool!!!

And what was I doing.....yes, actually hooking! I'm working on this rug called "Gentle Friends" from Briarwood Folk Art. I generally hook in the faces first, but I'm saving his face for last I think.



By the way, Kelly brought me the beautiful flowers that you see at the top and we all shared pet stories and a few tears were shed....what a great bunch of women that I am blessed to be surrounded by.





Go forth and be creative,





Tammy













1 comment:

  1. Tammy - Looks like the gals in your group are working on some really great rugs! If I remember right, several months ago you shared an in-progress picture of a rug someone designed that was a shelf with a penny rug & granite ware coffee pot on it - do you remember that one? I don't think I ever saw a picture of the rug completed, and wondered if you had one? Would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete