Saturday, March 1, 2014

cheater, Cheater, CHEATER!!

IMG_3613

As I’ve been trying to work my way through my stash of

hooking supplies left-over from my teaching days, I’ve decided

to take some of the patterns I had left and flip them over

and make my own original designs.

This one is 16” x 16”, but the pattern I used was a bit smaller

than that, so now I don’t REALLY have enough of a border

to fit comfortably on my frame. (I like to leave at least 3-4 inches

around my patterns)

I was going to sew on extra pieces of fabric (which I’ve done

in the past), but eBay Renee

suggested using strips of wool for cheaters instead.

I liked this idea because:

1) my sewing machine is in the top of my closet

2) I’m too lazy to get it down

3) I always  sometimes like to try a new idea!

4) I’ve got lots of strips!!

I’ll let you know how it goes!

If you’d like to have a nice little laugh, watch this video,

it reminds me of MY dogs!!

Buzzbee would be the small dog and Lonnie would be the big dog!!

10 comments:

  1. I've never used wool strips as cheaters before but have sewn on fabric before. My machine isn't in the closet and if it were on the top shelf I wouldn't get the dang thing down either. I have started saving the wool selvage so that would be great to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saundra, I also save the wool selvedges....I think they would look great all sewn onto a piece of fabric and turned into a pillow!

      Delete
  2. Great idea!!! Much easier than getting the sewing machine out.
    OMG ~ that video cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, Well the day has gone by and I haven't pulled a loop, but I did sit down to work on the rug binding of the fish rug....I'll let you know how the strips work out

      Delete
  3. OMG!!!! I am laughing so hard over the dogs!!!!! That is just the cutest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ter'e, Glad to see you stop by. When Kenny watched the video, he was in the middle of saying "that's not fair" when the big dog gulped down the cone :)

      Delete
  4. ......thanks for sharing this great tip!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was too darn funny! Now with our dogs we have to get each one a doggie treat! Otherwise, not pretty......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindy, Our little basset will not take any food until he sees the coonie eat what we give him first. Dogs can be so odd!

      Delete