Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My ordinary life

Remember when I told you that our a/c died?

Well, today they are starting the new installation……

new furnace (the fan was bad….we decided to

replace the entire furnace since it was installed in

1976….they say we’ll save at least $50/month with this

new one, plus our utility company has a rebate when you install energy efficient gas

furnaces),  new a/c….the works.

Of course living in an older house, nothing is ever easy

and straight-forward.

The furnace sits back in the corner in this closet….

 

Here is the problem…..they have to remove the hot water

heater to get the old furnace out and the new one in.

Like I said…nothing in this house is ever straight-forward

and easy. I’ll post later with pics of the a/c…..sorry I’m not more

interesting today……

They are either going to have to lift the old a/c over our pool pump or

take down part of our fence…..yes, really.

This is a pic of the gift I gave Kenny for our anniversary.

It’s called an ikebana…..I bought it at a little gallery in

Eureka Springs, AR when I was down there last weekend…..this is his

first creation he made for it.

Oh yeah, what did you have for breakfast? 

This morning I had oatmeal with strawberry protein powder,

walnuts and blueberries……I’m having this tomorrow….one of my favorites

…whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter and sliced strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. OH Tammy, the toast with strawberries and peanut butter looks delicious. I also eat a lot of steel cut oatmeal and that looks like a healthy alternative! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    Best of luck with the new furnace and ac. Old houses... tell me about em. One thing is certain you cannot live without the furnace or ac and the new will save you a lot in energy costs.
    That is a cool piece you got Kenny and Happy Belated anniversary! Ours was June 5th ( 29 years) yup were're old!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete