Monday, June 27, 2011

Peach-Vanilla Cream Pops

Yesterday I took a recipe from Bon Appetit magazine and tweaked it just a bit to make some popsicles……popsicles have become my summer addiction.  I eat one every night!

For the original recipe go HERE.

My recipe is below, basically the same, but not quite.

Peach-Vanilla Cream Pops

makes 8-10

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
  • 4 medium sliced peeled ripe peaches
  • 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons Disaronno amaretto 

popsicle molds or Dixie cups and sticks

(my popsicle molds came from K-Mart)

Preparation
  • Place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Transfer syrup to a small bowl; chill. (I put my syrup in the freezer and let it chill while I did the next step)

  • Discard vanilla bean.

  • Purée syrup and peaches in a food processor until smooth.  Whisk in remaining ingredients. Divide among molds. Cover; insert ice-pop sticks. Freeze until firm. Dip bottoms of molds into hot water for 20-30 seconds to loosen pops.

  • Remove pops from molds and serve.

 

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy on a hot day but unfortunately I'll have to pass this one. I'm a diabetic. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I have another popsicle recipe up my sleeve that might be up your alley....I'll try to make those this week while I'm on staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great - but I don't like amaretto - at all. UGH.
    I love the original creme sicles..................yummo.
    My worse addiction right now, is a WW fudge bar. OML!!!!!! Great and so refreshing. Tastes like I am having something really bad.................(bad, like, you know..............calorie bad).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering! These sound heavenly! How many hours would I have to walk to counter-act these again? LOL!
    I guess I better not make them...... sigh.....
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such great ideas ane recipes. We tried your grilled romaine which was wonderful. Think I will try these pops too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ter'e,
    The amaretto is optional....I've had the WW Fudge bars before....Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy,
    They are just 121 calories per pop....just 10 calories less than Ter'e's WW Fudge bars.....plus all REAL ingredients. I'd say walk a leisurely mile and you should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. April,
    Glad you liked the grilled romaine..we think it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy:
    You are like our own personal diet guru. I'm afraid to try yours. The one thing I do not need is "something I love to eat".

    Wonder if you can make popsicle Bloody Mary's or Bloody Maria's.

    Today, Popsicle Gachpacho (?) would sound good. It's pretty humid here. Anything frozen would be the bombdiggidy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete