Saturday, March 12, 2011

Waking up

After what seems like an extraordinarily long winter, the garden is waking up.

This morning it was actually nice enough to go out bare-footed and try and snap a few pictures.  I didn’t realize how much I missed the feeling of grass underneath my feet!

One of the doves was picking over what was left at the bird-feeder.  Their coo-ing is one of the most relaxing sounds to me.

 

Daffodils are trying to bloom.

 

……and some are succeeding…..

 

Here is one of my favorite flowers……Lenten Rose…..

It’s head is always hanging down…….here I’ve propped it up.

 

I don’t know what this is, but it is getting buds and the stalks are covered with velvet fuzz…..hope it comes across as to how soft it is to touch.

 

Of course, leave it to Kenny to help spring along…..he has more plants started inside as well….

Today I’m hoping to get a little binding done on my rugs and get out there and shop for a new coffee maker!

3 comments:

  1. Tammy ~
    Oh, you have daffodils blooming!!! And lenten rose!!! Today mine are buried under snow, but in a day or two the snow will be gone. I have tons of stuff popping up, but the only things blooming are my snowdrops and winter aconite. Send some of those warmer temps to Ohio ~ ~ ~ pretty please!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love lenten rose. They are so delicate huddled so low to the ground. I had some in my previous garden...I need to get more for this garden. It's such fun to plan the gardens about now.
    Happy binding! I use a french press coffee maker--they make great coffee.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find such loveliness on your blog Tammy. It's such a heavenly respite. Blessings dear heart.

    ReplyDelete