Sunday, March 27, 2011

I’m back

No, I haven’t been spending all my time staring out the window contemplating my life…….that would be Cleopatra and Lonnie watching for squirrels, or walkers, or other dogs….one of their favorite pastimes.

I have FINALLY completed the 3rd garden rug!  Added in a touch of sparkle this morning with some metallic fabric….

Here are a few close-ups…. sparkly fabric….

Cording covered with wool…..

Wool tied in knots….

Proddy petals with knotted center…..

Proddy petals with rolled wool center….

Now, if this works correctly, you should be able to click on the pictures to see larger versions.  If you see dog hair on the rug, well, what can I say….when I put the rug on the floor to study it, invariably, one of the dogs will decide to lie down on it.  Will have to get out the lint roller before these go up on the wall!

11 comments:

  1. what an accomplishment to get all three of these rugs finished Tammy! They're totally awesome, and a study in using different techniques! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did on your beautiful garden rugs Tammy. Dog's hair are natural fibers and perhaps should be incorporated into your rugs. Who says that only sheep hair will do? JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back too to wish you Happy Belated Birthday Tammy. I love the hat and earrings. You can tell that I'm late reading my friends' blogs. I got the news from Shabby Sheep. JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, you are the most creative and talented hooker I know! You're not afraid to try new things and invariably, they work for you! I applaud you...both on your creative concepts and the fact that you incorporated them into these rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I LOVE the sparkly addition ~ this is a great looking piece ~ you are definitely a creative soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so gorgeous! I can't get enough of those beautiful colors! Love the special effects!
    Now to get them on the wall to admire every single day!
    Hat's off to a fabulous finish and magnificent artist!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy I forgot to add - have you thought about submitting them to Celebrations publication? You should!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting all three Officially Finished! Now let's get those rugs on the wall and view them "gallery style"!
    And I agree, Celebrations needs you!!!
    xo, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, think that you need to get these to Celebrations! Your work is beautiful, innovative, and inspirational!!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy ~
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Your rug is so creative. You tried so many different techniques and they all worked. You go girl!
    Celebrations here you come :)
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rug is absolutely STUNNING!!!

    Cleopatra & Lonnie added that unique "texture" that the rug needed~!!

    ReplyDelete