Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grown-up Popsicles

Here’s a cool treat for a hot day……it’s supposed to be a scorcher here in Missouri.

Mango-Chile Popsicles

4 mangoes peeled and sliced

1/3 cup sugar

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or more or less to taste)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor to puree. Spoon puree into popsicle molds (or if you don’t have those you can use little Dixie Cups and add popsicle sticks)

Freeze for 8 hours.

Enjoy!

When we go to Las Vegas, there is a place in the airport that sells dried mangoes that are dusted in a sugar/cayenne pepper mix that I love, Love, LOVE!

Kenny found this recipe and we made it…..JUST as good as my other addiction! Sweet/tart but with a little bit of heat at the end…..of course I added just a touch more cayenne pepper to the ones that I made!

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe - I had two mango's really ripe to use up and some strawberries too so mixed them - and love the cayenne pepper in it! Mmmm so good and refreshing! Of course I added more than 1/8th too! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete