Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gnashing of teeth

Saturday was supposed to be a  task oriented kind of day for me.

I was going to stop by Acme Brick and order stone for the fireplace and return a sample….we decided to go with Pennsylvania Ledgestone from Dutch Stone….it’s a fake stone and won’t add as much additional weight to our older home…..however, I drove all the way across town and they were closed.  I was so pissed!  I knew it was a bad sign when I pulled in the parking lot and there were no cars there.  No cars? What the ? I got out and went to the door….the sign said their hours on Saturday were 9-12, I knew I wasn’t crazy!  yes, it was 10:30, so they should have been opened.  Then, I saw another sign…..”we will be closed October 17th…visit us at the home show at the expo center” reck-a-breck-a-flep-a-jep

Don’t you just hate that?!

Oh well, the day was not lost and it was still young…..I went over to Patti’s who always has a great cocktail for just these occasions and minor life setbacks and we worked on our footstool assemblage some more

(yes, this is my inner geeky girl…glasses, hair straight, and no make-up….every nuclear medicine technologist has a geeky side)

Stitching up that 4th side was a BITCH  bit tedious and I think I have it too tight ARGHHH , so tonight I”m going to try and unstitch it ARGHH , add another row or two of hooking and then stitch it back up…..doesn’t sound hard, yeah RIGHT!!! but I’m doing the hooking NOT on a frame, so it’s slow going.  Then I’m going to add a few more rows of hooking around the bottom that should take about 1.5 hours  and then we’re going to finish them off tomorrow afternoon…I think PRAY.

I spent today going to craft shows with my some of my bff’s….Renee, Reba and Haylee……I’ll post pictures of that hopefully tomorrow. Haylee was our official picture taker, so just waiting for her to put pics on facebook that I can steal!!!

Have a great evening,

Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Too funny. Your strike-outs crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy ~
    Thanks for my Monday morning chuckle! It's a great way to start off the week.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy I LOVE that stool!!!! It is absolutely fabulous!!! You're int eh home-stretch now :D

    ReplyDelete