Friday, July 24, 2009

Update on the Garden Rug

Just so you know, I’ve also been hooking on the garden rug. I haven’t decided what to do with the background yet…..maybe I have, but not committed yet.

I have two looks that I like for the background.

I love the work of Kim Parker and how she has different swashes of colors in her backgrounds. I especially like this because then I can make the flowers the colors that I want and transition what colors work the best behind them.

I’m also a big fan of Gustav Klimt….he on the other hand, has a LOT going on in his backgrounds….very lively! I’m thinking that might be a wee bit tedious in the long haul.

Here is an update on the Garden Rug

Click on the picture to see it mega-sized.

Go forth and be creative,

Tammy

If you have any ideas for the background I’d love to hear them.

6 comments:

  1. Go for the swatches of color in the background. I love that idea.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want everyone to know that the daylily looks EXACTLY like the one in your garden!!!! Beautiful!
    And I like the swashes and the multi-colored. But if you are doing three panels we might loose you to insanity if you chose the multi one! Better keep it safe and swashy! I'd like to keep you around! I like you just the way you are...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy ~
    I love seeing the art works that inspire your creations. I am loving this rug! Can't wait to see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous rug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the compliments on the rug. LIke Sheri said, if I do the multi-colored background I might never resurface...I think I will do the swashes of color...but first to finish up the flowers on the rug :)

    ReplyDelete