Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blurry like Paula Abdul on a bad night

I/we tried to take pictures of us after dinner last night….needless to say perhaps we’d had a bit too much wine.

It was a great night.

 

Even through the blurriness, I think it comes across that we enjoyed ourselves last night.

We called it a “Friendship Thanksgiving” meal. We went around the table and told each other what we were thankful for that day….what a great way to start a meal.

Here is a picture of the grilled red pepper stuffed with cheese before it went on the grill.  It was suppposed to be tied with cotton twine, but I didn’t even think about that until it was too late, so I used some long grass out of the garden instead. Hey, it worked in a pinch :)  I had so much fun roasting the peppers over an open flame earlier in the day to make my own roasted peppers for the very first time…..not too hard….I think I might do this more often…..buy some red peppers and roast them and stick them in a jar of olive oil to have whenever I want them. They are so red and yummy to look at and work with.

Here it is after it came off the grill

 

This recipe is definitely a keeper! We all like spicy, so we are thinking when we make it again we will put some pickled jalapenos (chopped up) in between the cheese and the red pepper. 

Do you like to do that? Make a recipe and then sit around and talk about how you would change it the next time around?

The recipe calls for scamorza cheese (smoked mozarella) but I used provolone instead.  I think this would be great at a party, because it’s gooey and messy and makes people just relax. If you are dealing with messy food you can’t take yourself nearly as seriously….eating should be fun!

We also had, steak, shrimp and grilled asparagus….yum!

I grilled the shrimp with the shells on…not so sure if that was a good idea or not.  They tasted good, but didn’t look all the great coming off of the grill.  It really ended up being a finger food night for me….eating food with your hands just makes it feel more like summertime.

After dinner, we just hung out around the pool talking….I love nights like that….hanging out at home with friends.

Here are a few pictures of me loving on Lonnie…he is such a snuggle bug and will just let you do absolutely anything to him. He’ll even wear a hat if you want him to.

What a big baby! I swear he’s the size of a small calf!

So where was Cleopatra? Are you kidding….she says it’s way too hot to be outside….she prefers the air conditioning inside the house.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT evening of fun! We have so many mosquitos right now it makes it hard to sit outside at night. I'm jealous! The food looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete