Friday, June 20, 2008

Garden serenity

Just thought you might want to enjoy the morning serenity of my husband's garden. We had a big rain yesterday, last night and more this morning, but when I had my coffee this morning I took it out back with me to enjoy the garden and the chirping birds.

Can you believe we live 5 houses away from one of the busiest streets in the city? You certainly can't tell from this video!

Kenny is what I call a "psycho gardener" or perhaps a speciman gardener....he delights in finding new plants and trees and he just keeps finding more and more places to put them. He collects plants like I collect wool!

So where were the dogs? Inside still asleep of course!

I love the solitude of my mornings. I get up extra early so I can ease into the day with coffee and breakfast and just a little time to myself. It really sets my mood for the rest of the day. I don't know how people can just bolt out of bed, get ready and rush off to work. I'm telling you, you would not want to be around me if I had to do that!

I'm trying to get better at using the video feature on my camera and hope to do some rug hooking and proddying and dyeing tutorials with it at some point.

Enjoy your day,
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, this is a lovely video. It really IS a quiet and peaceful way to ease into your day.....but I had to remember to turn my sound on!

    I'm happy for you that you're feeling so content and nesting. And also that Lonnie has fit in to your household so well. No one will ever replace Truvy but Lonnie has really filled that void for you.

    I miss seeing you post on Snippets but understand that there are only so many hours in the day.

    Now....are you sure I can't borrow/hire Kenny? That man has a wonderful way with plants/gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,

    I was so soothed today when I "traveled" through your garden with you. Could JoJo and I take turns borrowing/hiring Kenny?

    You truly are blessed to be where you want to be in your life. You give us so much of your knowledge and heart that it is no wonder you are surrounded by the love of your friends.

    Dy-no-mite kitchen tile!
    LOVE, Jeanne (RED)

    ReplyDelete