Monday, March 31, 2008

Pictures galore!

Buds about to burst out in spring glory!


It's been rainy and dreary here this past weekend, but Cleopatra needed to get out of the house, so I took her to the park for a walk.....it ended up being a short walk because after about 30 minutes it started to rain and she HATES the rain!!!



However, I did have time to snap a few photos while we were there.....


It's that really cool time of the year, where a lot of things are waking up and springing forth...I decided to concentrate on textures that I saw at the park. One of my favorite things to look at are trees and tree bark and moss.....so many colors!!!
I have to remember that when I'm hooking a tree the bark can be other things besides brown....use tweeds that have bits of green or purple or orange or rosey shades mixed with grays. Bark can be SO MANY different colors!!!


I especially love this moss below with the teensy-weensy flowers blooming up from it!


Below is probably my favorite picture. I love those really ancient trees with the twisty trunks that sprawl out and hug the ground! I'm thinking the picture below could make a great rug.....perhaps I'll have to study this particular tree a bit more and get some close up pictures of it....I just love it!

Also this weekend Carol threw a wedding shower for Maddi....one of the girls who has worked at Simply Fibers for a few years now. Maddi has to positively be one of the most effervescent people that I know. Just being around Maddie makes people feel good!


Can't you just tell by looking at her picture?!
A lot of us got together to hook at Simply Fibers this past Wednesday night and here are some pictures from that as well.
This is a rug that Joan is working on. I wish the picture would have been able to pick up more detail of "de Tail"....it's hooked up higher and then clipped....so cool! The pattern is "Mr. Mullen" from Sally Kallen at Pine Island Primitives.


This next rug is my own design....inspired by the works of Karen Kahle and Mary Stanley.Kelly hooked this one and turned it into a cute little pillow. The design is from a seller on eBay. If you know the name please let me know and I'll be happy to give them credit.This is a great Shabby Chic floral runner that Sheri hooked up. I love the soft muted colors. Sandy is still working on her floral rug from Nola.
Joan was sporting her Rose Tote from Primitive Spirit Rugs.
Sheri and I both logged on at Flickr and found Karen Kahle's instructions on doing a crocheted edge....Sheri did hers with yarn and I did mine with wool strips....what a fun and easy technique! If you want to view the great instructions click here.


Go forth and be creative,

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. OH!!!! I MUST hook!! Your blog is always sooooo inspiring...thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete