Friday, February 22, 2008

Rambling

I haven't been blogging as regularly lately .....I feel like I've been a little boring here .....

So what have I been up to that's kept me away from the blog?

Reading.....

I've been reading "The Success Principles" by Jack Canfield

A really great book with many inspirational stories and ideas that I'd like to put into motion....yes, it's one of those "positive thinking" books.....which I'm a big fan of.

I just have a few chapters left to go....


I've also been trying to decide if I want to take on the task of becoming part of the http://www.simplyfibers.com/ website. Simply Fibers is the physical location where I sell my hand-dyed wools and meet with my hooking group every week. I just need to decide if I want to take on this new "learning" opportunity......if I do I will be probably be adding things such as dyes, rug hooking patterns, hooks and backings.....maybe some wool, but I feel like I have a hard time just keeping enough stock at Simply Fibers, ebay and etsy.


I've also been spending a lot of time on organizing my hooking room and reorganizing some of my closets.....yeah I know blah, blah, blah......pretty UNexciting huh?


However,

tomorrow I'm going to be headed with up to Lenexa, Kansas with some of the girls from my hooking group to the big HOOK-IN.....I promise to take lots of pictures and report back on the vendors, who I saw and hopefully have gobs and gobs of pictures of inspiration for all of us!!!


Oh yeah, for those of you who like stitchery this is a must have book....in my opinion....I'm not much of a stitcher, but I loan it out a lot! It's a truly beautiful book! "Elegant Stitches".....ever wonder how to do a "snail trail stitch" or a "colonial knot"....it's all in here!!!
That's it for now.
Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Tammers, have a GREAT time at Lenexa!! I can't believe you have gotten as much done as you have!! All while getting ready to vend at the hook-in. Holy cow woman! And the kitchen remodel, and hooking that darling bright house below! Tooo cute! Cut yourself a little slack my dear - you have soo much going on, and some of it just isn't blogworthy! LOL! I have been dead in the water on my blog for a while now too. LOL
    Have a great time tomorrow!
    xo
    bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tammy...have fun at Lenexa and bring back lots of inspiration (like you need it {grin}). Actually, you do inspire me. I love reading your blog and seeing what all you do...running circles around everyone I know, for sure!
    Especially me, though of late I have been working on a few different projects. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete