Monday, January 14, 2008

Festival of Hearts

Click on the banner below and it will take you to the Festival of Hearts by PRHG at eBay





If I haven't mentioned it in a while PRHG is a consortium of fiber artists who work with wool and thread....such a wonderful and inspiring group. This is the group that I did the sheep challenge rug with that was such a blast.



Perhaps I'm a little crazy but I thought it would be fun to run a larger rug as a true auction with a low starting price for the festival!
I mean, after all, it's a festival...which means fun!
Plus, I thought that I couldn't go wrong with cats.
I think some people love their cats more than the people they live with and some people just prefer to live with cats rather than people....well, take a look and see....who can blame them.

They're loving,,,,

smart,,,



and curious

Hopefully the joy that I had in hooking this rug comes through....I've never had a cat as a pet (sad to say I'm allergic)but I had so much fun hooking these kittens and hearts in a sort of monochrome color scheme and it also tickled me to be able to dig into my stash of worms and recycled woolens and upcycle them into this warm and wooly rug.
However, the rug is just missing one thing.....a cat to curl up on it....I just know it will go to a home with a cat who will want to nap right smack in the middle of it!

If you'd like to go directly to the auction just click on the picture below.

Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy - I love visiting your blog! I adore your cat and heart rug....looks like an early rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tammy...I love that rug!!! So primitive looking...someone will be very fortunate to get that.

    ReplyDelete