Saturday, December 22, 2007

Random thoughts on a Saturday morning




Good to be back! I've been out of a commission for a while....sick....yes, I think this picture here will give you an idea of how much time I've spent in bed......

Pretty scary huh?!

However, I have an entire little pharmacy set up now and I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER!!!




Good enough that I think this morning I'd best get cracking on this "Tennessee Posies" purse that I'm going to be giving my grandma for Christmas....I'm glad she's a pink girl like me!!! Just a bit more to hook and then I'm going out this morning to pick out fabric for the lining....can you believe I just had this little bit left to hook and didn't even feel like hooking that little bitty bit these past few days?






All I've done is lay in bed and watch reality TV....one day I watched the entire season of Top Chef....and the best part is....I didn't even get hungry!!! That's when Kenny KNOWS I'm sick....when I'm not interested in food!!! That is a rare occasion for me!

Speaking of of food....here are a few little pics of Christmas things in our kitchen. I love this little vignette that someone made years ago....a little shadow box that we saw in a flea market one day and just HAD TO HAVE!!!



And here are pics of the gingerbread family that hangs in our kitchen. Made by Kenny's mom several years ago.....yes, he comes from a crafty family....they are made out of sewn paper grocery bags....me thinks this would be a fun craft to make if you have little kids...you could have them cut them out and decorate them and then all you have to do is sew them up and stuff them!!


Cute, cute, cute!!!


Oh yeah, for those of you who are like me and send out lots of packages and receive lots of packages in the mail....don't forget your mail carrier at Christmas time!!!

Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy...glad you're feeling better!!!!
    Just popped over to wish you, family and everyone at the "Ewe" a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm lovin' all the woolies I get from the Ewe and still havin' great fun hookin' away! LOL
    Hugs to you, Sunnie : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy

    Love the paper bag people! You're right....these would be great to do with kids. Help me remember this for next year with my students! dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear you had the crud! :( The snapshot of your hair cracked me up! So glad to hear you are feeling better, and won't be in bed on Christmas morn! I hope you and Kenny have a wonderfully blessed Christmas and a fresh start on your new year!
    hugs,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete