Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas in bloom

Yes, they are everywhere and they are so beautiful! For those of you who have followed my blog for a while now, you know that my husband, Kenny, is a psycho gardener. He is passionate about plants like I'm passionate about wool....yes we are both addicts!!!
Right now the Christmas cactus' are in full bloom and he has them set out all over the house....truly beautiful!
The one above is on the island in the kitchen.
This one below is in the den....I've decided that at night our home must have a yellow glow to it....all of these pics were taken last night.

This one here, in my opinion, is the most beautiful. It graces our dining room table along with Kenny's collection of antique Christmas tree stands.

I think this is one of the smallest ones....it sits on the divider between the kitchen and den. Oh yeah, have I told you about Kenny's fascination with glittering everything for the holidays? This is his glittered card holder that he made from an old cigar box...yes, he's very creative!!!

Decopauge and glitter....amazing how it can transform something ordinary into something extraordinary!


Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tammy - Your Christmas cacti are just beautiful! I bought ONE of them about 3-4 years ago, and though it has grown some, there have never been any blossoms on it - maybe you (or Kenny) can give me some tips or pointers!

    ReplyDelete