Thursday, October 25, 2007

A heavy heart









I don't even know where to start........







my best-est buddy,







my foot warmer,







giver of endless amounts of love,







running after squirrels and rabbits







and my goofiest dog ever is no longer here.














I'm just so angry and sad.














I know we did the right thing, but doing the right thing doesn't make it hurt any less.














I was told it was tonsilitis and an upper respiratory infection.......






but she just was NOT getting any better.....






.....she's such a young dog....just 2.







Then we went for a second opinion and her x-rays had gotten soooo much worse in just a weeks time......







....cancer....







spread all through her lungs.












Tumors the size of her heart.







Poor baby....moaning, uncomfortable, not eating...







it was time to send her to a better place.







I will never forget you Truvy.







12 comments:

  1. Tammy.... my heart aches with you for your's my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear, hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tammy, I am so very sorry for your losing your girl...she had such a good life with you...like so many others I can barely see through the tears to type this....I love all the photos you have posted of her and the stories the past rwo the years...my most heartfelt sympathy is yours...and Kenny and Cleo as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that's terrible...I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you a lightening of your sorrow, as hard as it is, ending their suffering is the most humane thing we can do.
    be well,
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know her but felt like I did. Thanks for sharing her life with all of us. My heart aches for you and yours...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, we all fell in love with Truvy through your blog. I'm sooo sad for your loss. He truly left his mark in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy:
    My mouth fell open when I read this. I just can't believe this and am so incredibly sorry. I thought Truvy was getting better! What a shock to check the board and see this!! My heart goes out to you and Kenny but you know, in your heart, that you did what was best, even though it's the most painful thing to do. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Tammy
    I am so sorry. She has crossed the river Styx. We always have that one special dog or any animal that touches our soul and wraps it with pure love.
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the bad along with good. All who visit your "blogworld" fell in love with Truvy. She's going to be missed....
    Hugs
    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy,
    Just found out and I am so sorry! You are in my heart and prayers and I know Turvy had a fabulous life and a wonderful beyond words human mother. I know your world has been richer for having her for your dog. I love you and will be praying for all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Tammy,

    I just read about Big Truvy and I am so sorry for your loss. I know you and Kenny will miss her so, and Cleo will wonder where her best bud went. I pray your sadness and mourning will soon be relieved. Pets like Truvy will always dwell in your heart and you have some great pictures for memories. Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete