Monday, November 19, 2012

Facelift

I guess it was over a month ago, that Dulcy and I went to the

FM Store to look at fabric

IMG_1940

for me to slipcover a computer chair in our

spare room.  The chair was functional, but the upholstery had gotten grimy

and no amount of cleaning seemed to help.

IMG_1945

I’ve had the fabric lying around in my hooking room and I’d just been

waiting for a weekend where I had the time and inclination

to get started on the project…..inclination, being the key word here.

I’m not a sewer by nature, but I’m always up to a challenge.

After all, I did make these slipcovers for our barstools this summer….

Those were challenging because of the curved backs….

now on the office chair I have arms to contend with.

I started off with the easy part….the front and back….

so far so good!

IMG_1941

Can’t wait to show you the finished chair…..

stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow but you sure are energetic. I love the color of the fabric too and can't wait to see the spiffy new look.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete