Sunday, November 14, 2010

A much better weekend!

After my rough start on Friday morning, the weekend got considerably better quite quickly.

We were slow at work, so I got to leave at 10:30 or 11, went home and changed out of scrubs and into real clothes and then met Kenny at our favorite shopping spots……TJMaxx and Marshalls.  Stocked up on some coffee…..

 

…seems like we’ve been drinking more of it now that there is that nice chill in the air and it’s so dark when we get up in the morning. I love  the flavored coffees and picked up “Chocolate Hazelnut”, “Coconut Cream” and “Spiced Eggnog” while I was at Marshalls, ahhh life is good!

Of course, nothing works up a girls appetite like shopping, so we stopped in at T.G.I. Friday’s for lunch.  Since it really WAS a T.G.I. Friday we celebrated with cocktails.  I had this delicious “Berri Acai Sour”

 

Kenny went for the Patron Cosmo Rita

 

We both sampled each others drinks and they were both really good….especially on a Friday!

I went for broke and ended up eating nachos…..I tell ya, I’m a sucker for nachos….I could totally eat my weight in nachos and I’m not kidding!

See, even in the picture one of them is already gone before Kenny could get a shot with his phone!

 

Kenny had the Captain Morgan™ Caribbean Conga-Line Chicken Sandwich  and sweet potato fries….I used to be addicted to fries as well, but they don’t have the power over me that they once had.

 

They were having “nerd day”, so the bar staff was dressed accordingly…..

Does the guy on the right have about 5 or 6 pens in his pocket…..OH NO! I might be a nerd too when I’m at work!!!! I either have 5-6 pens or none at all.

We then ended up at a new store (new to me) called Artsy Crafty…..Kenny had spotted some pillows there that he thought would work in the “drawing room”….that’s what I’ve dubbed the “re-done, used to be called the Fancy Room”….I loved the pillows AND the store and will have to take pictures of the pillows later this week.

Next we ended up at my new favorite store…..I drive by this store absolutely-every-single-day-of-my-life and have never gone in.  Probably a good thing, because now that I’ve been in you’ll have a hard time keeping me out! It’s the “Review Resale Boutique” across from the mall. Name brand clothes at a fraction of the cost and the staff is SO SUPER NICE! I ended up with a pair of Parasuco jeans $35, a J.Crew cabled sweater halter top $15, and a cute Charlotte Tarantola ribbed black sweater that has crystals on the zipper $15.  I saw SO MANY other things I wanted needed, but first I knew I HAD to clean out my closet (nothing to get me motivated like the thought of more new boots…..Gianni Bini in my size for $15……and yes…..I spent my entire Sunday cleaning out my closet and making room for more new stuff!)

We spent Saturday night making the worlds most fluffy pancakes that Kenny saw them make on Martha the other day from the Clinton St. Baking Company. (CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE and make sure and watch the video if you think you might make them)…..Oh My Gosh….the recipe makes A LOT! We’ll be eating pancakes for a week or so….after we made ours to eat, we then went back and made the rest of them and they are in the freezer, so we can just pop them in the microwave for breakfast whenever we need something quick.  We had some plain, some with blueberries and some with bananas and walnuts….the banana walnut were my favorite!  Since we won’t be getting to New York anytime soon, we decided to make them ourselves!

 

Yes, my weekend is definitely going to have me crying on the treadmill for the rest of the week, but it was so totally worth it!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a fun weekend, but you have made me HUNGRY!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous Friday ~ my husband and I love a day like that! I made your Gorilla Bread recipe for a hooking class I had Saturday ~ it was a BIG hit! Thanks for sharing ~ the pancakes will be next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time with your hubby! Love those kind of days!

    ReplyDelete