Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finishing rugs on a snowy day

 

Yesterday we had a big snow that made the trees look like they were snuggled under big cozy blankets.

A perfect day to finish the binding on my rug that I started HERE

It still needs some prodding on the middle of the lilies as well as some beading on the coneflowers, but the binding is complete….it was a learning process.

Here are a few pictures of it from the front and the back….I used bias cut quilt binding tape sewn around a small diameter cotton cording…..I think it worked very well!

 

Today I’m hoping to start embellishing a few of the flowers.

4 comments:

  1. The rug looks great Tammy! That binding looks like it must have been VERY difficult to do! I'm having trouble with the wool over cording binding I'm working on now and my rug has STRaiGHT edges! LOL Wonderful job of hooking that rug! I love it! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Interesting. I love the way it turned out. Not sure I could accomplish the binding. Looks really nice, love how the flowers hang out off the edge of the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rug turned out beautiful ~ love the way it jumps off the edge!! And the huge french knots and the sprinkling of confetti throughout!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete